The Marine Institute and the Strategic Marine Alliance for Research and Training (SMART) are offering up to 20 bursaries on dedicated FEAS surveys in 2021.
Successful applicants will:
- Be awarded a “Student at Sea Bursary” at a fixed rate of €95 per survey night
- Gain formative offshore experience
- Learn and practice core offshore data collection skills
- Be mentored by experienced scientists and research leaders
- Receive recognition for Continuous Professional Development
Surveys with bursaries include:
- CE21002: Irish Anglerfish and Megrim Survey Leg 2. 20th Feb. to March 4th.
- CE21005: Irish Anglerfish and Megrim Survey Leg 3. 10th to 24th April.
- CE21009: Western Edge Small Pelagics Acoustic Survey. 9th June 20th July.
- CE21012: Celtic Sea Herring Acoustic Survey. 8th to 28th October.
- CE21013: Irish Ground Fish Survey. 29th Oct. to 14th December.
To read more about these opportunities including how to apply please visit:
NB closing date for the first survey, CV21002, is the 2nd February!