New Minister for Agriculture Food and the Marine, Michael Creed T.D. has announced €4.3 Million Grants for Seafood Processing and Aquaculture Sectors. The 51 seafood enterprises are covered under 5 Schemes launched earlier this year under the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF) Operational Programme for the seafood sector.
It is hoped these grants will help the selected seafood enterprises growth and contribute to the growth of the sector as a whole. The grant offers are made under 5 EMFF Schemes.
- €3.4 million was awarded to 27 enterprises under the Seafood Capital Investment Scheme towards total investment of €19.4 million.
- projected to create 316 jobs by 2019 and additional sales of €77 million by 2019.
- €157,000 was awarded to 4 enterprises under the Seafood Scaling and New Market Development Scheme towards total investment of €335,000
- €164,000 was awarded to 8 enterprises under the Seafood Innovation and Business Planning Scheme towards total investment of €328,000.
- €199,000 was awarded to 4 enterprises under the Knowledge gateway Scheme towards total investment of €305,000.
- €382,000 was awarded to 8 enterprises under the Sustainable Aquaculture Scheme towards total investment of in excess of €1 million.